You don’t know what plans are available in a specific zip code to offer to your client. Here is how you can find out:
How to find out MAPD plans available in specific zip code:
- Go to https://www.medicare.gov/
- Select Find Health Plan and Drug plans
- Enter Zip code in General Search
- Select Medicare beneficiary information (You can skip drugs)
- Select MAPD/MA or PDP you like.
Before enroll your prospective members into a plan you need to verify their current plan status. Here is how you can find out:
How to find out Medicare beneficiary’s current status.
- On next screen you will see the current plan, Medi-Cal (Medicaid) statues, LIS status.
- Go to Medicare website at www.medicare.gov
click on “Find health & drug plans”
Or use the following direct link:
- Fill out all the information required on the screen under “Personalized Search” and click Find Plans:
4. On next screen you will see beneficiary’s current plan, Medi-Cal (Medicaid) statues, LIS status on the up right corner.